Friday, March 05, 2004

 

Planning Lee's visit to Clark


Mar 5 2004 11:53 pm

Others here might not see it this way, but I see it as an honorable decision on his part.
Deb R.

I don't even care about what his decision is. I'm just happy that he's figuring it out.

So, look, Lee's considering Clark. Her father thinks it isn't a good enough school, but she wants a good psych program, and I think it's worth checking out. Is there any chance that she can have lunch with your son and his GF and get the scoop on Worcester? What are the odds?

Vicki, Melissa, any chance of hooking her up in Mt Holyoke? When is spring break for them?

jane

Mar 6 2004 12:11 am

Good questions. I think she's planning to spend spring break with friends in Boston, but I'll ask.

Well, I was thinking that Lee's spring break might happen while they are in classes. Then she could go up and maybe attend a class, and have coffee with one of your kids and sort of get the skinny. Or depending how booked their time in Boston is, that might work, too.

jane

Mar 6 2004 12:15 am

Italian Literature?
What does she want to do for a career?

~~Geri~~

What the hell is wrong with you today? If you want to fight about something, just ask.

FTR, I want Lee to go to college so that she will be a well-educated person, not to learn a trade.

jane

Mar 6 2004 11:43 am

They're probably not entirely representative of the everyday kids in Worcester so she might get a skewed view. If she likes loud, underground music of all types and kids with eccentric viewpoints they'll be fine.

Deb, I don't know what to say. I have no idea what Lee and your son would make of each other. OTOH, the both eat low carb diets and like photography. OTOH, she looks like Julia Stiles in Mona Lisa Smile half the time, and I never have any idea what music she'll listen to next. The other day, listening to 'You Can't Touch This,' she turned to me and said, "Mom, the man's a genius." I was just thinking that your son and his friends know what Worcester is like.

Speaking of Clark, I have to brag a bit. My ex was talking to the photography teacher at Clark, where my son currently has a little show up.

Well, this is fabulous. How impressive! How long will it be up? It would be so perfect if it were still up in a couple of weeks. Then Lee could check out Clark, and she and her father could check out your son's photos. They bond over photography.

When would Lee be making the trip if she were to come this way?

Vicki

April 2 - 10.

jane

Mar 7 2004 10:41 am

I'll find out. You just want someone to take her around the campus and tell her what it's like?

Vicki

I want the part you don't get in the admissions office tour. I want someone who can tell her what it's like there. What coffee shop stays open all night. What departments and professors rock. Where people study when their roommates are manic and where they party when their roommates are drones.

jane

Mar 9 2004 12:51 am

Stevie says, sure, come on, Lee can stay overnight on her floor if she'd like. (Stevie has a sleeping bag, if Lee wants something softer she'll have to bring an air mattress or something.) She says call Admissions at MHC and ask about meal vouchers. She sounded really pleased about it, and said that it's always fun to show "prospies" ("prostpectives") around.

How incredibly sweet! I'll tell Lee.

And Melissa, she and Emily have two classes together, a film class and a women's lit class.

That would be interesting. Lee's taking a film class, too.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?