Friday, September 18, 1998

 

When it comes to ruby slippers, more is better


Sep 18 1998 12:00 am

snip So I'll need to make myself some ruby skates.

I figured that I'd try covering mine in masking tape (freezer tape) so that I don't ruin my skates (not that I'm too worried--they haven't been used for 15 years!), but then I have a variety of different ways to make them "ruby":

1. Spray them with red Halloween hairspray and then over with red gliter spray
2. Spread them with white glue and coat them with glitter
3. Glue seperate sequins on

Anybody got any other ideas? I bought some second hand shoes (ick!), but I'd rather not completely screw up the skates...I don't think my feet are getting any bigger, so they'll last me forever.


I agree with the skate cover idea. You could just buy red sequined material and make some. Elasticize the bottom, or use those little gizmos with two suspender-type clips on either end of a piece of elastic (I have them on the bottom of my ironing board cover. Actually, they may have patterns in the costume section. You could decorate panty hose and slip it over the skates. Personally, I think you should use red hairspray AND glitter AND sequins.

Did I ever tell you that my daughter watched the Wizard of Oz every night for 2 years? She wouldn't go anywhere without ruby slippers. More is better.

Incidentally, how are you going to get the skates into the Sears photo?

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?