Sunday, September 13, 1998

 

Remembering pregnancy


Sep 13 1998 12:00 am

P1: I just wanted to make a quick point. Unplanned pregnancies do not necessarily mean unwanted children. I did not plan to become a single mother. I agonized over my decision after I became pregnant. But my son was wanted and still is. I think that is the case with most unplanned pregnancies...that the resulting child is wanted. The cases where the child is not wanted is the problem...not just the fact that it was unexpected. The resulting difference from your planned pregnancy and my unplanned pregnancy is negligible.

P2: There will always be an exception to every rule. And I did not mean to imply that all unplanned pregnancies were unwanted children. I was only saying that to me it makes sense to go into such a huge responsibility as parenthood prepared and therefore planned.


Jane stuck her $.02 in:

Sometimes I think this is what pregnancy is all about. Remember how obsessed you were during those nine months? We all changed. I was so preoccupied I couldn't drive! In the back of my mind, I was constantly thinking about the changes in my life, how I would care for the child, whether my ex would be a good father, etc. I am sure that women who have planned their children go through this, too. No matter how much you think about it ahead of time, it's still completely overwhelming when it happens.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?