Tuesday, September 29, 1998

 

Limited detail makes it hard to understand a situation


Sep 29 1998 12:00 am

I now feel like I am unable to vent on this newsgroup when I'm having a bad day without having to go into extreme detail to explain myself.

Sheri,

I agree with Vicki. It's fine to vent here. It's good to let people know that you are just blowing off steam and aren't looking for advice. I suspect a lot of people write a message to get everything off their chests then don't even bother to post it.

I think we sometimes post sanitized versions of our situations because that is what we feel comfortable with the whole world seeing. Then, people respond to the Brady Bunch version. Many of us also tend to fill in the gaps from our own experience. Without further info, I might assume your kids' "problems" were with homework, chores, and telling the truth, because that is what I deal with. Obviously, you are concerned about a whole different category of step-parenting problems.

I'm sorry if you feel you were forced to divulge more than you wanted to. I don't think anybody was trying to flame you. It really is hard to understand where a person is coming from without the details. BTW, I was pretty appalled by yours. Good luck.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?