Sunday, September 13, 1998

 

Harvard, then beauty school


Sep 13 1998 12:00 am

I caught this header over at parenting.solutions and thought it would be a nice topic over here, especially considering that it is really easy sometimes to focus on the negatives of single parenting.

I'll start with a little one...cause I can.


Ooh, I have a good one.

My daughter is 11 yo. The other day we were talking about college (I, too, was surprised that the subject comes up so soon). I told her that there were a lot of good schools where her dad lives and that she might want to think of them. She said, "Mommy, I think I want to go to Harvard." My heart swelled with joy that she had such confidence and high goals. Then she said, "Then after that I want to go to beauty school so that I can get my license to do hair and nails."

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?