Monday, June 08, 1998

 

Sometimes kids are just a huge pain in the butt


June 8 1998

I love my boyfriend but I must confess that I would prefer if the son was not around. I really like it when he goes to his mothers on the weekend and during the summer. It's like a whole different lifestyle in our house. I love it.

There is nothing wrong or unusual about wanting to get away from the kids and and have a few days alone with your mate, or even yourself.

The son is a nice kid but I just don't want to be bothered with him. I get tired of having to deal with issues that revolve around the child, for example, did he do his chores, did he do his homework, checking homework, did he eat, did he clean his room, does he have clean clothes to wear, etc.

It's hard to become a parent. I really think it takes your entire pregnancy to prepare for it, and even then I certainly didn't feel ready. Then there is this period of all consuming need during infancy. So those of us who raised a child since birth have a different perspective. Compared to those early days when the child was the focus of every second, we have much more freedom. You, on the other hand, have less freedom and more responsibility. And you never got a chance to build that protective parenting bond when SS was young and helpless.

Don't stop talking about how you feel. It is so much easier for me to cope if I admit how I feel. Kids may be the greatest joy life has to offer. That does not mean that they are not a lot of trouble and work. Sometimes they are just a huge pain in the butt.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?