Sunday, June 21, 1998

 

On never letting Lee cry


June 21 1998

I never let my baby cry for more than a minute or two, the length of time it took me to wake up, or wash my hands, or whatever. Babies don't cry unless they want something, and they aren't old enough to want anything they don't need. Why torture them? My child has always been very secure, self-confident, and independent. I'm glad I took the time to put her interests first.

OTOH, there were times when she cried for more than 5 to 10 minutes even when I was trying to comfort her. I was so relieved when she could talk and tell me what was wrong.

jane

June 23 1998

I read the first post and thought Oh no another group of posts , saying its alright to let your baby cry to sleep ... but .. hooray at last on this huge planet I have found some people who dont think this is ok

I read the first post and thought Oh no another group of posts , saying its alright to let your baby cry to sleep ... but .. hooray at last on this huge planet I have found some people who dont think this is ok

What a relief.

Its not ok at all its cruel and just a little selfish in my opinion.

Thanks to this I now know I am not the only one in the world. My faith has been restored.


I felt the same way. Apparently, there are all these books out now with specific instructions on how to let your baby cry. It was really nice to see that other parents are using some compassion and common sense instead.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?