Monday, June 08, 1998

 

Don't fix what isn't yet broken (kids sleeping in mom's bed)


June 8 1998

I am marrying a wonderful woman who has 4 kids (3 boys ages 13, 9, 6 and a little girl age 7). My problem is that the youngest kids refuse to sleep in their own beds at night and always climb in bed with their mother.

[snip]

After we are married I would like there to be just the two of us in bed at night and not four.


I am a little confused. Are you and your future wife not sleeping together (when the kids are around) until you get married? If that is the case, then you might not really have to DO anything. Kids frequently give up when they realize how little room there is in the bed with two adults. With my daughter, my husband just carried her into her own room when it was time for us to go to bed. She still (10 y.o.) likes me to tuck her in at night, tho.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?