Thursday, April 16, 1998

 

"I want to eat dead cows!"


April 16 1998

Hi! Sorry to intrude, but I’m a new mother and I’m looking for advice from parents. I’m thinking about putting my baby on a vegetarian diet, but I’m really unsure because I don’t want to jeopardize her future. However I really want her to be a vegetarian. Any suggestions would be helpful. Please disregard this message if you find it annoying. Thank you for your time and patience.

It really isn't that hard. There are lots of books on nutrition at the library. In fact, your pediatrician should be able to set you up with a meeting with a nutritionist. Breast milk is all you need at the beginning. Then you just add in fruits, cereals, dairy products. I always used a multivitamin.

I have to warn you, tho, what other people say is true: the day will come when your child will be interested in eating what everyone else does. When my child was four she came to me and said that she wanted to eat meat. I told her that I wanted her to make that decision when she was older and understood all the ramifications. She said, "Mommy, I understand now. I want to eat dead cows!" So I let her.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?