Wednesday, March 04, 1998

 

Portrait of a caring, involved mother


March 4 1998

How common is it for a BPD parent to sexually molest their child? My SO's ex has the classic symptoms of BPD and she is (and always has been) obsessed with her 4 year old son (i.e. breastfed until 2.5 - 3 yrs.[which I know is somewhat common], slept with mom & dad up until dad left-don't know if he still does, she doesn't want dad in his life, he gets in trouble if he doesn't call her "mommy", she hangs out at his pre-school while he's in class - all day every day, etc.) I'm not accusing her of anything, but I've always said that her relationship with her son is as close to incest as you can get without actually involving sex. Please, no flames - I'm totally serious.

I don't get it. How can a relationship be incestuous without actually involving sex? She sounds like a caring, involved mother who has issues about her ex. Aren't we all?

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?