Saturday, March 21, 1998

 

Make plans for summer activities


March 22 1998

[SD coming, SM has no clue how to entertain her]

Summer is still far enough away to make plans for the visit. I would feel much more in control if I had a plan. Otherwise, the prospect of the visit from hell would loom.

I strongly recommend you make plans for summer activities with sd's input. Granted, sitting around the house is not a valid option. Let her know that you will expect her to be involved in a variety of activities during the weeks. Ask her what types of things she enjoys doing or wants to try out. If she tells you what she would be interested in, you can plan a summer that she will enjoy. As I see it, a happy child is much easier to be around.

I don't know where you live, but in my experience you need to start making arrangements for summer soon. You really can't just open the back door and send her out to play. Local Y's, rec centers, and pools have been very helpful to us. Every kid is different, but I have had success with the following:

camping
drama camp
junior lifeguard training program
audubon camp
cheerleading camp
swimming lessons at the local pool
city sponsored dance programs
youth basketball league
gymnastics camp
summer school (believe it or not)

Good luck.

jane

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?